On Monday, November 1, 2021 Smartphones Can’t WhatsApp. WhatsApp is no longer used on several older Android and iPhone smartphones. Make sure you are all safe from these new terms.
This policy was issued by WhatsApp so that they can focus on developing its features on newer devices. The reason is that the old cellphone is no longer updated by WhatsApp and of course this will have an impact on the security system.
Users are welcome to replace Android smartphones running OS 4.0.4 and earlier on November 1, 2021 as WhatsApp will no longer support mobile phones. Advise to switch to supported device or save your chat history before that date. quoted from the Android FAQ page.
Broadly speaking, these smartphones are phones running Android 4.0.3 or lower and iPhones with iOS 9 or lower. WhatsApp has also released a list of phones that are no longer supported starting November 1, 2021 tomorrow.
Smartphones Can’t WhatsApp
It should be noted, even though it is no longer supported, it does not mean that WhatsApp will completely stop working on the smartphone. You can still send messages, but you don’t get the critical security updates. Surely this will be dangerous for your phone. The latest features certainly cannot be accessed from outdate smartphones.
There are at least 56 types of smartphones of various brands that can no longer use WhatsApp starting November 1, 2021:
- LG: Lucid 2, Optimus L5 Dual, LG Optimus F7, LG Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus L7 II, Optimus F6, Optimus L4 Dual II, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Nitro HD, 4X HD and Optimus F3Q
- Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy SII, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Samsung Galaxy Core, and Galaxy Ace 2
- Sony: Sony Xperia Neo L, Xperia Arc S, and Xperia Miro
- ZTE: ZTE V956, ZTE Grand Memo, Grand X Quad V987 and ZTE Grand S Flex
- Huawei: Ascend D1 Quad XL, Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D Quad XL, Ascend P1 S, and Ascend D2
- Other devices including Lenovo, Alcatel, HTC, and more
List of iPhones with old iOS:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
List of iPhones with older iOS that will not work with WhatsApp, unless updating to iOS 10 or later:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
Let’s check each other’s smartphones. Make sure your smartphone and Android and iOS type are included in the safe category so that they can still be used tomorrow.